How to Survive First Day at School?
Your first day at school can be amazing, as it’s fun to go back to school, meet new people and make new friends; however, we know that it can also be a little tense for you. Surviving the first day at school may not be as horrible as you imagine. It’s natural to be nervous but don’t panic; if you are wondering how you are going to survive the first day, here are some guidelines that you can follow to have a beautiful first day.
Outlasting the first day
If you want to survive the first day blues, try following these simple tips and you could probably have a very fun, decent, and memorable first day.
- Going back to school can be fun, and the beauty of it is that you can set better impressions than last year! Shed your inhibitions, take a deep breath and relax. Just a day before, decide what you want to wear. Make sure you wear something that you are totally comfortable with, and don’t wear anything that is too flashy. It’s wise to be a little conservative the first day.
- It’s comforting to start a new school year with the people you already know, so if you have any friends from last year who are going to the same school, arrange for a meet-up with them.
- If your school is not providing you with the necessary supplies like pens, notebooks, back packs and other things, then get a list of the required school supplies and go buy them.
- It can be potentially catastrophic if you try to figure out at the last minute how to get to school. It’s advisable to plan before hand as to how you are going to get to school. If you don’t have the facility of a school bus, try to arrange for car-pooling with your friends or you can also get one of your parents to drop you.
- Once you get your class schedule, try to get a route map of your school. Mark all your classes on the map. By doing this you can be sure that you will be on time and don’t have to be wandering around looking for your classes.
- Once you start your classes and don’t have any company, don’t go about talking to everybody. Take your time, observe people and then decide on which students you would like to be friends with.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to smile; the more you smile, the easier and approachable you appear to others.
These simple tips can be very handy for you to survive the first day at school. As this days goes by, the other days will just keep getting better and better.