Chic Makeup Tips for Teen Girls
It is important for young girls to wear makeup that is age appropriate, and that doesn’t detract from their natural beauty. Whether they are looking for a super glam or effortlessly flawless look, less makeup is often more flattering on teen girls than an overdone look. Check out the ultra chic makeup tips to bring out your best features and help you be your most beautiful self.
- The teen years are the times of life when you have the best natural, healthy looking skin, so teens don’t really need to apply heavy makeup. It’s best to make it look as natural as possible, to enhance your natural beauty and not create a fake look.
- Begin with a lightly tinted moisturizer or foundation that matches your skin tone, and apply to your face, blending with your fingers or makeup sponge. If you need extra coverage for acne or dark under-eye circles, you can use a concealor stick that is a few shades lighter than your foundation. Always blend well so it looks natural.
- Next, apply a light dusting of loose face powder with a large brush to set the foundation and take away excess shine. Make sure to use products that are hypoallergenic and have and SPF 15 or above.
- Groom your eyebrows properly to frame your face. Brush them gently from the center outward with a brow brush, and tweeze any stray hairs under and between your brows. You can use a brow shadow to fill in any thin areas.
- Apply eyeliner to the upper lid, as close to the lash line as possible, using short light strokes. Blend with a brush or your finger to soften the line and make it look natural, not heavy. Brown or black work for most eye colors, but you can experiment with blue, purple even green.
- Choose an eye shadow that compliments your eye color. Purple shades make brown eyes stand out, while mauve tones are best for green eyes. Blue eyes look dazzling with a brown shadow. Apply a highlight shade on the brow bone and in the inner corners of your eyes and then sweep the main color across the eyelid. Use a darker contour shade to define the crease of your eyelid and blend well for a polished look.
- Finish off the eyes with black or brown mascara. Apply one light coat, and use an eyelash comb to lengthen lashes and remove clumps. Your lashes should look natural and full, but not heavy or clumpy.
- Make your cheeks glow by sweeping a rose or peach blush across your cheekbones. You want to highlight the apples of your cheeks, but avoid using too much, or too deep of a shade. A soft, pretty blush is flattering on everyone.
- Finish off the look with a light, natural gloss. Subtle, alluring lips are always more sophisticated than harsh lip liners, and bright colors. If you want a little color, pick a shade that looks natural and healthy on you.