Diets that Work for Teenage Girls
Before we discuss healthy diets for teenage girls, first get to know some important information about dieting. It is crucial to maintain a balanced, healthy diet, along with proper physical activities while dieting. Many diets that claim fast weight loss are usually low in calories and can cause many side effects. Aside from that, restricting certain food groups in diet can hinder the natural growth process. Teenage years are the time when the body is growing and developing and thus requires enough nutrients. Here are some healthy diets that work for young girls to maintain good heath and normal weight.
Good Diets for Teenage Girls:
- Create a healthy, balanced diet, which means including different food groups in your daily diet. To get enough proteins, consume healthy sources such as broccoli, spinach, beans, cheese, boiled eggs, lean meats and fish. Since, proteins are the main building blocks of the body, they are essential for teenagers.
- Eat brown rice, whole grain breads, muesli and bran to get sufficient complex carbohydrates. Complex carbs help you to sustain a nice steady energy flow throughout the day.
- Calcium is essential for healthy bones and teeth, so make sure that your body gets enough calcium. Milk, yogurt and cheese are some great sources of calcium.
- Fiber forms a very important part of a balanced, healthy diet, for it will improve your digestion and will help you get rid of the extra calories from your body. Legumes and beans are great sources of fiber.
- Next, you should include vegetables and fruits as much as you can in your daily diet. For they provide minerals and vitamins which are crucial for maintaining a good health. Try to take 4-5 servings of fruit every day.
- Drink plenty of water to detox your body daily. Instead of drinking coffee or other carbonated drinks, consume green tea to stay healthy.
- Stay away from junk foods for they contain high rates of Trans fat that are not good for your health.
These above tips should be included in teenage girls’ diets. Ensure that you consume a nutritious balanced diet. Join some dance classes like salsa, jive or ballet to lose weight. They will be fun and interesting while helping you burn some extra fat from your body. Eat a healthy balanced diet and indulge in some physical activities like dance classes or sports to maintain optimum health.