How to be Popular in School
While some aspects of high school life can be fun, for many high school can be quite difficult. For many students, life is focused around becoming popular, being the center of attraction and having many friends.
You may think you don’t have as many friends as other people do, but actually it’s all a misconception. The fact is, everyone worries about the same problems. You are not alone, no matter how it seems. Making friends can be intimidating, especially if you are trying to expand your network into different social circles. Here are some sure-fire tips to help you make friends with everyone.
Get along With Everyone:
- Mingle with everyone. Don’t stick to only your group of friends you are most comfortable with and expected to hang out. Don’t leave your friends behind for the glory of popularity, but it never hurts to have many friends in many places.
- Act as if you are everybody’s best buddy. That doesn’t mean you have to walk or sit together with them every day but being genuinely interested in getting to know them or helping them out.
- Don’t get in arguments or start fights. Just get along with everyone.
Treat Everyone Nice:
- If you treat everyone equally nice and goodheartedly, no one will have a reason to not be your friend. Show the best part of your personality to all types of people.
- Treat others like the way you want to be treated by others and the ways that others want to be treated.
- Try to be happy and cheerful all the time. People are more likely to follow or respect a person who is always cheerful than a person who is moody and gloomy all the time.
Join a Team:
- Join in a club or a team. This is a great way to meet and get to know many people with different interests and personalities.
- If you have great skills in teamwork and collaboration, others will feel more comfortable around you and seek your company outside of practice, class or meetings.
Give Importance to Your Appearance:
- You don’t have to take hours to get ready and never be afraid to stand out but keep yourself well groomed. Teenagers are extremely self-conscious about their physical appearance.
- If you feel good about your appearance, it will help you increase your confidence levels. No matter what you look like, if you are confident, you are more likely to attract more people because everyone wants to be confident
- Find your own original and unique style. You don’t have to buy the latest and most expensive fashions but finding out how to present our outside self to express who you are is a highly respectable quality.
Try to Exchange Cell Phone Numbers or Emails:
- Whenever you meet new people, try to exchange contact details like mobile numbers and emails. This way you can build more friendship with more people after you meet them for the first time.
- Through text chatting or emails you can build friendships when you aren’t able to spend time with people face to face. Hanging out with people outside of cell phones and the internet is always best way to get to know a person genuinely.
Learn to Appreciate Others:
- Everyone needs appreciation or compliments. Figure out at least one good quality of each person and tell what you like most about them.
- Don’t forget for be afraid to compliment people. Leave your ego behind. Be careful not to compliment someone too much or constantly because they may think your compliments are not authentic and you are only using them to become popular. Everyone wants to be around with someone who appreciates them and makes them feel happy and good about themselves.
Don’t Judge Others:
- It may seem many popular people often judge others and talk with only elite groups, people who are truly liked and popular with everyone do not talk about other people negatively or spread rumors.
- Don’t go with only the looks or appearance of someone to start a friendship. Looks can deceive you. You may lose your opportunity to make a great friend because you do not think you could get along or have common interests.
- Don’t hesitate to talk, sit or hang out with anyone outside of your social circle, even if they are not considred popular. . People will know you as a nice person and respect you for that.
Do Well in School:
- All your efforts to become popular will become useless if you have a poor academic performance.
- A popular person isn’t necessarily the most intelligent or best in their class. However, doing your personal best will inspire others.
- If you are one among the genius students, don’t put your head too high. Be a helpful person to your friends.