How to Make Your Face Glow
So you’ve been invited for a prom or a friend’s birthday party and you want to look your best. You want your skin, especially your face, to glow and feel smooth. Unfortunately, you don’t have the time or money to go to a salon and clean up your face, but will you simply lose faith in achieving that glow??? No!!! Check out the following tips to achieve that radiant, smooth face within 20 minutes, which you can easily perform in 20 minutes at home.
Steam your Face:
- Steaming your face is the first step to making it clean and glow. Apply fragrant steam over your face to open up your pores..
- Fill the stainless steel kettle or pot with clean water and add a handful of dried lavender to it.
- Now, boil the lavender water mixture and keep it on simmer for a few minutes. After that, remove the kettle from the heat.
- Then, pull your hair up and tie it properly. Expose your face to the steam. Avoid placing your face too close.
- Or, you can place a bath towel over the steaming water pot or kettle to help you direct the steam over your face.
- Continue this for at least five minutes to soak your face completely. This will not only help your skin, but also help you to relax both body and mind.
Ex-foliate your Face:
- Now that your pores are open, it’s time to get rid of dirt and dead skin cells. This will help you get that youthful, clear, and glowing skin.
- Dampen the ex-foliating facial pad into warm water and then dip the pad into powdered milk. Next, massage your face gently in a circular motion. Don’t ever use a pad designed for the body, as it can be too rough for your face.
- Continue this process until your entire face has been covered thoroughly. Make sure that you do it slowly; otherwise, your face can get scratched by mistake.
- Then, rinse off with cold water and pat your face dry with a clean, dry towel. This will make your face softer to the touch and rosy.
Stand on Your Head or Take a Brisk Walk:
- When the temperature is low, taking a brisk walk will help you to improve your blood circulation and bring a glow to your face.
- Walk as quickly as you can for maximum benefits. Breathe in the cool, crisp air and enjoy the benefits.
- You can also try standing on your head for a few minutes. This will help increase your blood flow and add glow to your face. However, it may require some practice to perform correctly.
Use a Powdered Bronzer:
- It may sound a little unbelievable; however, applying some powdered bronzer can give the skin that smooth and radiant face of summer.
- You can do this after herbal steam treatment or exfoliating for better results.
- Different facial bronzer shades are available. Make sure you choose one that matches your skin tone and isn’t too dark for your complexion.
- Just a light touch will suffice to bring out that radiant summer look. Heavy application will make you look too artificial and harsh.
Apply a Soothing Facial Mask:
- You can also make your own home face pack and apply it after you’ve steamed and exfoliated.
- To make a soothing face pack, you can mix 2 tbsps of powdered milk, 1 tbsp of oatmeal, and 1 egg white in a bowl. Stir together properly until it becomes pasty and smooth.
- Now, apply the paste onto your entire face. Leave it on for at least fifteen minutes to dry and then rinse it off with cold water and moisturize your face to get that soft, dewy glow.
In addition to these tips, ensure that you follow a healthy, skin friendly diet and exercise regularly to maintain healthy, glowing skin. If you smoke, it’s time to kick that habit. Smoking will not only ruin your health, but it also reduces blood circulation in your body and gives you sallow, dull skin. Finally, remember to always put a sweet smile on your face for the best glow.