Natural Treatments for Acne
Acne can be very annoying and embarrassing for a person. It can ruin a person’s self-confidence. Today, there are a number of companies producing products to treat or cure acne. However, many of these acne products contain a lot of harsh chemicals and can sometimes cause side effects for the user, or they can even worsen the situation and ruin your skin. Therefore, if you’re one of the millions of teens who struggle with acne and pimples, it’s better to opt for natural remedies to cure your acne.
There are a number of natural treatments available for acne that are good for your skin and can be used without any worry of side effects. These herbs will not only help reduce or cure acne, but will also help you remove blackheads and blemishes. Read on and find out the best natural treatments that can be used easily in your home.
Natural spices play a main role in keeping your immune system, digestive system and skin healthy. But you should use them moderately and in the right way. Excessive eating of spicy foods can upset digestion instead of improving your health. The idea behind this is if you have a healthy digestive and immune system, the better and clearer skin you’ll have. Besides, you can also use raw spices to get rid of acne, pimples and blemishes.
Fresh Vegetables and Fruits
Vegetables and fruits have been proven beneficial for the skin when applied directly, because they’re rich in essential oils, minerals and natural antioxidants.
Turmeric is one of the best natural spices, commonly used for treating acne. Whether you take it internally or apply it directly over the affected skin, it works because of its antiseptic properties. Taking turmeric internally with warm milk will help your immune system and also soothes respiratory ailments. Applying turmeric over the affected skin will help dry out the acne and reduce blemishes.
How to Use Turmeric for Acne
- Add a few drops of sesame oil or coconut oil to turmeric powder and stir it properly to create a thick paste.
- Apply this paste over the affected skin 20 minutes before you go to bed in order to avoid spreading it on your pillow. Leave the paste on overnight to get the best results.
Other Natural Remedies for Acne
- Mix some cinnamon powder and honey and make a fine paste. Then apply this paste toyour face or the affected skin before sleeping and leave it on overnight. Wash it off with warm water the next morning. Continue to follow this process for at least two weeks.
- Take a fresh garlic clove and rub it on and around the acne or pimples. This will help you get rid of acne without a mark.
- Mix one teaspoon of fresh lime juice and one teaspoon of peanut oil and apply the mixture over your face. This will help prevent acne and pimples.
- Applying fresh raw papaya along with the seed and skin or papaya juice on the acne or swelling pimples can also help get rid of acne.
- Mix rose water and lime juice in equal amounts and apply this mixture on the affected area. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Add a few drops of fresh lime juice into powdered and roasted pomegranate skin and make a thick paste. Use this paste to get rid of whiteheads, blackheads, boils, pimples and acne.
- Mix sandalwood and rose water to create a paste and apply it on the affected skin. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Important Tips to Treat Acne Naturally
Apart from following the above mentioned natural treatments for acne, you should also consider the following tips in order to treat your acne naturally.
- Drink plenty of water daily. Drinking 7-8 glasses of water every day will help flush out the toxins from the body that cause acne and pimples.
- Keep your hair and hands off from your face or the affected skin. Both your hair and hands carry dirt and oils that can irritate the skin and worsen your acne problem.
- Don’t ever pinch or pop your acne or pimples. Touching and squeezing your acne and pimples can lead to long-term damage to your skin and leave ugly unwanted scars.
- Avoid using too many lotions, creams and makeup that aren’t natural or that contain harsh chemicals. They may help you cover the acne for the time being, but these products can clog your pores and cause more acne and pimples.